I have decided to add regular co-washes to my healthy hair regimen. At first I did not want to wash twice in one week because I did not want to use that much heat (i.e. blow dry, flat iron). But now I will stick with roller sets and air dry for awhile. I hardly wear my real hair out (unless the top and sides for when I rock my clip in weave pieces). I will wear my pieces curly to blend with my roller set hair. Whenever I air dry, I will wear wigs for the week. Now I don't have to worry about getting my hair super straight with a flat iron.
My Co-Wash Regimen Includes:
- co wash hair with VO5 conditioner (some of my favorite hair listas swear by Herbal Essence Hello Hydration but its too thick for my tastes)
- deep condition for 1 hr. (I used a Silk Elements moisturized DC packet), I have a few options for DC and like to switch it up every week, alternating between a moisturizing and protein DC.
- ACV rinse (1/4 cup to 2 cups of water)- 3x's
- rinse hair with cold water
- Giovanni leave in conditioner with grape-seed oil added
- Apply ORS setting lotion for a roller set