Monday, October 1, 2012

Afro Puffy Twists (I will do this style MYSELF) :-)


I ordered 4 packs of #2 (dark brown) Nafy Collection Afro Puffy hair. I wanted #1B but they were out. I will attempt my first set of puffy twists in about 2 weeks. I need 2 days to do them so I have to be off an entire weekend. I have watched a ton of YouTube video tutorials. I know how to attach the hair, I just need practice on actually twisting the hair. Currently, I have in kinky twists that I did myself. I have touched up the edges but other than that have been wearing bun styles for about 3 weeks.

Here are links to some to the videos that I will use to help install these puffy twists:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmefAjTCfKg&feature=g-like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td5mIzPPv-A&feature=share&list=PL625FBD975C449329

 I purchased off of www.ebay.com for $10.95 a pack. I will try and keep these in for 4-6 weeks. Will update with pics of the hair once I receive the package.

I am so excited to do another full head of braids. Practice makes perfect..no more shelling out hundreds of dollars to a stylist when I can learn how to do them myself!

Pics of the hair: Nafy Collection Afro Puffy Twists

Finished style: 


So I love the end results!I did the twists big because I didn't have the time to make the smaller and I hate taking extensions down. This style took about 5 hrs to complete. I could have did it in 4 but I took multiple breaks and my daughter was interrupting constantly! LOL 

I will keep these twists for 4-6 weeks. I used a leave in hair conditioner mixed with twisting gel so I am certain the twists will hold up.


No comments:

Post a Comment