Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hair Update...I've been so lazy

OK so it been about 3 weeks since my last post. I will be 12 weeks post 1-31. I do not feel inclined to relax my hair. I am not even wearing a lot of it out. I have been half wigging for a full 3 weeks. I do not even remember the last time I wore my real hair. I just wash once a week and try to m/s 2-3 times a week. I am still participating in the JBCO challenge with the hairlistas on Facebook. I have been slacking the past week or so but will jump back into it next week.

So far my hair has been pretty manageable when I either blow dry or roller set. I only flat iron my bangs once a week. My bangs is the leave out part to wear my half wig. I will post a pic of the wig later. Because my hair is doing really well, I will not relax. My edges are doing well. But my the edges on the front of my hairline is not growing in as well as I would like them too. After the challenge (ends in April) I will try something different. A different growth aide, probably something containing garlic and onion oil which promotes hair growth.

I have been doing well with my wigs, but I am itching for a sew in. However I have to factor in the cost of hair and most time my hair does not act right in braids. With that being said, I will continue wigging it until I can figure something else out.

2 comments:

  1. OMG I basically made this same post just now, as to how I have been so lazy with my hair...lol I guess its something about these half wigs that just send us in comfort mode. I am seriously considering getting braids next month. As soon as I "interview" these braiders and make sure they don't ruin my damn edges!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey beware of those braiders. My edges are still suffering from too tight, too smal braids. I suggest explaining to the braifder that she (or he) should make the part bigger and not braiding a lot of weave hair onto a few strands of hair. The weight of the braid will eventually damage your edges.

      I am considering a sew in but keep hearing horror stories about the take down process.

      I will be sticking with half wigs LOL

      Delete