After much online research, I came across Hairlista.com. It a very resource filled hair care site. I also joined their group on facebook to get more information from the 'Listas.
My regimen as of Sept 2011:
1. wash hair once a week with Giovanni Silky Shampoo and Conditioner, alternating with Pantene Relaxed and Natural Shampoo.
2. Deep conditioning once a week.
3. every other day M/S (moisturize with ORS leave in conditioner and seal with essential oil mix), and use VHF (Virgin Hair Fertilizer)
4.. Alternate bi weekly between blow-drying and hood drying and I flat iron weekly. (flat iron are set between 250-300 and run once through the hair). heat protectant is always used.
5.I will stretch relaxer for 10-12 weeks. As I get closer to relaxer time, I will use more protective styling such as roller sets (to minimize shedding and breakage).
6. As I stretch past my normal 6 weeks, I will deep condition weekly, and co wash bi weekly.
Castor Oil 3 month Challenge (from www.hairlista.com)
1. began august 2011, every other day base scalp with castor oil (I am using regular but many hairlistas use Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO).
- the castor oil will promote hair growth and thicken the hair. I am hoping it will help grown my edges back too. (just the front of my head edges are affected).
Here is my 1st Length Check: August 2011
|August 31, 2011- 1st Length Check|
2nd Length Check: October 2011 :
Added to Hair Regimen: I started using Grow Aut oil and a sulfur oil mix. I switched every week. I have also started more protective style (wigs, half wigs, and hair clips). Pics of my protective styles will be added later. I have also been diligently taking Biotin and MSM supplements.
My Mini Haul and Hair Updates
|Mini Haul Dec. 2011|
- I washed my hair with Proclaim Intense Moisturizing Shampoo w/Argan Oil and DC with the conditioner. I originally wanted Creme of Nature Argan Oil but SBS did not carry it yet. I also went to a BSS- Hair Depot- but they were all out. It seems like Argan Oil shampoo is a hot commodity! My first impression of the shampoo- did not lather well. At All. I washed three times and managed to get moderate lather. That may or may not be a good thing. I focused cleaning mainly my scalp. I read it an article about Pre-Pooing and some shampoos are harsh on the hair itself. So I am focusing on my scalp from here on out. I do not uses a lot of product. I M/S (moisture and seal) everyday but use very little product. So my strands are not the coated with product. I am know DC with the intense conditioner w/argan oil. I will update with my results.
** I am wondering just how much Argan oil is even in the shampoo and conditioner? Should I purchase the oil separately and add it to at least my conditioner (Ive never heard of adding an oil to shampoo).
|December 2011- Length Check|
* I will update bi weekly *